416-555-5219 (h)firstname.lastname@example.org (c)
January 16, 20__
Attn: Jane Sector, Human Resources
Wright, Auger and Harrow
1256 Market Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4L 2P3
Dear Ms. Sector:
Are you looking for a competent, outgoing and well-organized Audit Trainee?
I will be graduating from the University of Manitoba this spring with a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
degree majoring in Accounting and would like to pursue the CMA professional accounting designation.
As you will see in my resume, I have excellent experience in all phases of the accounting profession. In
the summer of 20__, I was a summer student at the Canada Revenue Agency - Taxation Department,
where I worked directly with clients on audits, using a software program called ACCPAC. Over the
summer, I became familiar with daily accounting and audit operations, and knowledgeable of Canadian
In the summer of 20__ and 20__, I was an accounting clerk for an investment company. Since late 20__,
I have worked, on a part time basis, as an assistant manager in a retail store where I am responsible for
preparing daily floats, balancing cash transactions and preparing bank deposits. This experience has
given me the opportunity to substantially develop my client service, analytical and technical skills, which
will be invaluable as I continue in my career.
I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you for a short time. I assure you it will not take more than
15 minutes and I do recognize that your organization may not have any immediate openings. Of more
importance to me, is gaining insight from an experienced professional on industry trends and listening to
any advice you can share for a new graduate embarking on a career in the accounting industry. Thank
you for your time spent reading this letter and the enclosed resume. I will call you early next week to see
if a meeting is possible at your convenience.
Audit Associate Cover Letter
Audit Associates are in charge with verifying financial information in a company and making suggestions on how to improve operations. Essential job duties of an Audit Associate include collecting and analyzing data, checking company accounts, identifying financial risks, reviewing records for accuracy, identifying deficiencies, interviewing staff about possible issues, reporting audit findings, making recommendations for improvement, and performing other tasks as required by management.
A successful cover letter sample for Audit Associate should focus on the following job attributes:
- Financial expertise
- Training in finance and business administration
- Technical capacity and knowledge of company operations
- Ethical conduct and integrity
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Analytical thinking
- Reporting skills
- Computer competences
- Good presentation skills and self-confidence
- Tact and diplomacy
Beneath is provided a cover letter sample showcasing comparable skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Audit Associate Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Chicoine:
Upon review of your posting for an Audit Associate, I hastened to send you my resume. With my strong understanding of auditing and taxation principles gained throughout my background, as well as my superior organizational and analytical skills, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your team at KPG Financial.
My financial skill set aligns quite well with your firm’s areas of expertise. With a strong knowledge of tax strategies, regulatory compliance, and auditing operations, along with my key ability to conduct research and analyze reports, my experience has prepared me to excel in this role. Additionally, my degree in accounting and finance coupled with my communication and team collaboration abilities position me ready to thrive in this capacity with your firm.
Highlights of my background include:
- Coordinating audits for publicly and privately held clients across multiple industries including communications, technology, healthcare, manufacturing, and non-profit; preparing audit work papers, compiling statements, and performing appropriate testing.
- Excelling in an audit assistant role with Smith & Associates, delivering overarching auditing and accounting support while communicating directly with clients regarding general financial issues.
- Coordinating special financial and accounting-related projects while excelling within detail-oriented, deadline-driven environments.
- Preparing to graduate with a Master’s degree in Accounting and currently sitting for the CPA exam; attaining comprehensive knowledge of strategic financial planning, tax preparation, audit coordination, and general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrating expertise in advanced Microsoft Excel tools and functions.
With my strong experience in finance and accounting, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Deborah P. Young